High Triglycerides: Lipoprotein (a)
It is important to understand the role of lipoprotein relative to health and well being. Although modifying blood lipoprotein (a), or Lp(a) levels is not easy, it CAN be done with nutrition.
Considered a strong, independent genetic risk for atherosclerosis, Lp(a) has been linked to two functional bodily systems:
- a lipid transport system and
- the blood-clotting system.
Because of that, Lp(a) - assembled from LDL-"bad" cholesterol - has a direct impact on the development of atherosclerosis. It is able to:
- bind to fibrin clots in the injured arterial endothelium (the innermost lining of arteries) and, therefore,
- deliver cholesterol to that region in order to heal the wound. In this way, it contributes to the formation of fatty plaques (atheromas).
From that perspective, the role of this little-known killer component of LDL-'bad' cholesterol in atherogenesis can be both
- long-term, due to its lipoprotein properties, and
- short-term, due to its fibrin-binding properties.
Further, it may cause the sudden, and more dangerous, development of arterial blood clots.
Know Your Blood Lp(a) Levels
Keep in mind that the Lp(a) fat globule is one of the stickiest particles in the body, and is a ten-fold greater risk factor for atherosclerosis than total cholesterol or LDL-"bad" cholesterol.
In adults, blood lipoprotein (a) levels
- less than 10 mg/dL are considered acceptable
- 11-24 mg/dL is borderline high
- higher than 25 mg/dL is very high.
If your Lp(a) levels are over 10, you need to take action at once.
So, if you haven't checked your Lp(a) yet, do it at your next physical checkup. And don't be afraid to ask your doctor for it! Very few physicians ever check for it! In heart patients it should be routinely screened.
Lp(a) has not had enough attention from medical researchers. Therefore, standard medicine has not discovered any specific drugs to lower Lp(a) yet.
It's been said that very little could be done to modify Lp (a) levels, because these blood levels are 95 percent determined by genetics. Fortunately, this statement is patently false.
A drug called Niaspan - approved in the United States by FDA in 1999 for increasing HDL-"good" cholesterol levels - has shown to have a positive effect on lowering Lp(a) levels. However, the key nutritional ingredient in this drug is niacin (vitamin B3).
Unfortuantelly, this drug has side effects, such as:
- flushing, which is characterized by redness, tingling, or itching that typically occurs on the face, neck, chest, and back
- upset stomach. and
In addition, Niaspan® is contraindicated for those of you with:
- active liver disease, or a past history of liver or kidney disease
- peptic ulcers
- arterial bleeding.
TGs Formula II: Advanced Blood Lipid Support
Hello, I'm Andrew Mierzejewski, a master formulator, registered holistic nutritionist and biohealing practitioner with over 20 years of experience. I personally guarantee the quality, efficacy and safety of the supplements recommended here. And I am sure that when taken properly and wisely they can be of great benefit to your health or the health of someone you love or hold dear.
From time to time, you may hear or read scientific reports allegedly showing that such-and-such herb or vitamin doesn't work or may even be harmful to your health.
They are a perfect example of the existing and often uninformed prejudice against nutritional supplements.
We sincerely hope that you do not believe in such anti-supplement nonsense discouraging their use.
TGs Formula II is our new, streamlined and reformulated TGs Formula®, hence its name: TGs Formula II - a specialty naturopathic formulation designed to optimize the metabolism of lipids (fats) in the body ("TGs" stands for "triglycerides").
Therefore, like its predecessor TGs Formula II demonstrates the ability to help:
- reduce the levels of blood triglycerides,
- increase the levels of HDL-"good" cholesterol,
- reduce the levels of LDL-"bad" cholesterol,
- reduce the levels of Lp(a), a killer component of LDL-cholesterol
- correct and optimize the natural processes (biochemical and enzymatic) of fat metabolism,
- stimulate plasma lipoprotein lipase (involved in the catabolism of triglycerides),
- protect the liver against increases in fatty acids, and
- improve the ratio of unsaturated fatty acids to saturated fatty acids in the blood.
TGs Formula II not only keeps the blood fats in check (as drugs do), but actually helps your body rebuild the organs and systems that control your blood lipids - without side effects. Unlike pharmaceutical drugs, it is very body-friendly.
TGs Formula® II: Mechanism of Action
It should be pointed out that along with lowering high blood triglyceride levels, TGs Formula II also helps to reduce elevated levels of Lipoprotein(a) and LDL-"bad" cholesterol. It is also effective in helping to raise the levels of HDL-"good" cholesterol.
All nutrients in TGs Formula II:
- work by supporting biochemical and enzymatic processes,
- work best in combination with each other (nutrition is like a chain - all of the links have to be strong in order to obtain meaningful results),
- have an effect only if they are absent in the body (a given supplement will likely have no effect unless the person taking it already has a deficiency in that particular factor),
- work gradually and gently over a period of time,
- deal with causes (if a given condition is caused by the lack of specific nutrients, then adding them to the diet will tend to correct the problem, to the extent that any damage done is not irreversible),
- do not require monitoring as closely as do drugs (consequences of nutritional excesses are minimal - there is a wide margin of safety!),
- slow down the degenerative processes in the body caused by deficiency diseases, such as atherosclerosis.
It is important to remember that all ingredients in TGs Formula II are:
- both natural and essential to the body, therefore
- safe (there has never been a single documented fatality caused by taking dietary supplements),
- required by those who need larger amounts of nutritional factors, because of their longer standing deficiencies and/or poor assimilation of nutrients,
- best taken with meals (they are more efficiently absorbed with food and they enhance the assimilation of other food factors).
TGs Formula II: You Will Benefit*
As a dietary supplement to optimize the blood lipid levels, TGs Formula II is recommended for:
- bringing elevated blood triglycerides down to healthy level,
- keeping levels of HDL-"good" cholesterol within healthy range,
- encouraging healthy blood viscosity (the thickness and stickiness of blood - a critical determinant of friction against the vessel walls),
- improving blood flow,
- supporting proper cardiovascular function.
All nutrients are present in specific ratios and amounts in order to correct longer standing imbalances that are known to contribute to elevated blood fat levels..
TGs Formula II
Naturopathic Blood Lipid Support
Dietary Supplement: 90 Vegetarian Capsules
SUPPLEMENT FACTS: Amount Per Serving (3 Capsules)
|Chromium (as Chromium Polynicotinate)
|Red Yeast Rice
|Policosanols (from Sugar Cane)
|Total Phytosterols (from Soy):
| Beta sitosterol
|Guggul Lipids Powder
|Artichoke (Leaf) Extract
|Other Ingredients: Rice Flour, Vegetable Cellulose, Vegetarian Leucine.
|This product is manufactured in a NSF GMP registered facility in accordance with cGMPs for Nutritional Supplements in accordance with USP 31. The laboratories are ISO 9001:1994 certified and ISO 17025:2005 accredited. Raw materials used in the manufacturing of this product are in full compliance with the Bioterrorism Preparedness and Response Act of 2002. Raw material safety and quality is ensured by the manufacturer's Supplier Qualification Program.
||QUALITY & SAFETY
|Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, take 3 capsules daily with food.
Daily amount can be divided between AM and PM, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
|CAUTION: If you are pregnant, nursing or taking any cholesterol-lowering medication, consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product.
|FULL OF HEALTH, INC. Since 1996
TGs Formula® II : A Dietary Supplement to Support Cardiovascular Function and the Maintenance of Lipids within Normal Range *
* These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Full of Health and TGs Formula are registered trademarks of Full of Health, Inc.
TGs Formula II: Recommended Intake
Although there is still no consensus regarding the value necessitating initiation of triglyceride drug treatment, according to most physicians, at the triglyceride level:
- over 200 mg/dL (2.3 mmol/L) begins the need for implementation of proper dietary, eating habits, and
- over 300 mg/dL (3.4 mmol/L) a pharmacological (drug) treatment should be started.
According to some experts, however, blood triglycerides:
- in women with levels above 190 mg/dL (2.2 mmol/L) are the most significant predictor of heart disease;
- in males, the danger level starts over 400 mg/dL (4.6 mmol/L).
On the other hand, the triglyceride goal of 70 mg/dL - 100 mg/dL (0.8 mmol/L - 1.1 mmol/L) should be for those who have:
- coronary heart disease,
- diabetes mellitus (type 2 or non-insulin-dependent diabetes), or
- multiple risk factors (elevated blood lipids, high diastolic/minimum blood pressure and cigarette smoking).
It has been documented that by more aggressively treating elevated blood triglycerides, the risk of ischemic heart disease (IHD) can be significantly reduced.
Therefore, if you are not, and rightly so, a proponent of the pharmacological (drug) treatment - often prompting multiple side effects - you can choose the nutritional way of bringing high blood triglycerides down to healthy levels. As opposed to prescription drugs, taking TGs Formula II is something you can do on your own - and get results.
The following recommendations will help you determine your needs based on your actual blood test results:
I. How to Lower Your Triglycerides Fast
Option #1: Borderline High Triglycerides
If your triglycerides level is between 150 mg/dL and 200 mg/dL, or 1.7 mmol/L - 2.3 mmol/L ("borderline high") - for best results, you should be on TGs Formula II for at least 2 consecutive months, taking one (1) capsule three times daily with substantial meals.
Therefore, you would need at least one (2) bottles of TGs Formula II to improve your next blood test results for triglycerides.
Option #2: High Triglycerides
If your triglycerides level is between 199 mg/dL and 500 mg/dL, or 2.3 mmol/L – 5.6 mmol/L ("high") - for best results, you should be on TGs Formula II for at least 2 consecutive months, taking two (2) capsules three times daily with substantial meals.
Therefore, you would need four (4) bottles of TGs Formula II to improve your next blood test results for triglycerides.
Option #3: Very High Triglycerides
If your triglycerides level is higher than 500 mg/dL, or >5.6 mmol/L ("very high") - for best results, you should be on TGs Formula II for at least 2 consecutive months, taking three (3) capsules three times daily with substantial meals.
Therefore, you would need six (6) bottles of TGs Formula II to improve your next blood test results for triglycerides.
REMEMBER: It has been shown that atherogenic (atheromas-forming) hypertriglyceridemia starts at the triglyceride level of 150 mg/dL (1.7 mmol/L) initiating degenerative changes in the cardiovascular system. Therefore, for people with levels greater than 150 milligrams per deciliter range, therapeutic lifestyle changes are necessary, such as exercising, losing weight, swapping unhealthy fats for healthy ones, and the like.
- If you are a diabetic, or have a history of a heart attack or stroke, for full benefits, in addition to TGs Formula II you should consider taking a quality supplemental EPA, such as UltraPure Mega EPA.
- If you want to be certain that your gut gets TGs Formula II (and any other supplements you've been taking!) into the bloodstream where it can do its work effectively in bringing your high blood triglycerides down to healthy levels, you should consider taking quality supplemental digestive enzymes, such as XTRAGEST.
II. How to Maintain Your Triglycerides Within Normal Range
Unfortunately, after bringing triglycerides down to a desired level, it is not always easy, or even possible, to maintain them within normal range through the dietary and lifestyle changes alone.
This is where TGs Formula II comes in handy.
Its daily recommended maintenance dose can be deteremined as follows:
- If your best achieved level was under 150 mg/dL, or 1.7 mmol/L), you would need to take only one (1) capsule of TGs Formula II daily.
- If your best achieved level was slightly over 150 mg/dL, or 1.7 mmol/L, you would need to take two (2) capsules of TGs Formula II daily.
- If your best achieved level was slightly under 200 mg/dL, or 2.3 mmol/L, you would need to take three (3) capsules of TGs Formula II daily.
After three (3) consecutive months, you should do a fasting blood test to see the efficacy of this approach.
If your results were satisfactory, you may
- continue the above protocol or discontinue taking TGs Formula II (and relying on the dietary/lifestyle changes alone) for three (3) consecutive months and then repeat the blood test to see how your body responds.
If your results were unsatisfactory, you should
- review your dietary and lifestyle changes and go back for another three (3) consecutive months to the therapeutic intake of TGs Formula II based on the actual level of your blood triglycerides, and then repeat the blood test to see how your body responds.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are a diabetic, or have a history of a heart attack or stroke, for full benefits, in addition to TGs Formula II you should consider taking a quality supplemental EPA, such as UltraPure Mega EPA.
The Take-Home Message:
If you really want to maintain your triglycererides within normal range, please follow the above recommendations to the letter.
III. How to Test Properly Your Blood for Triglycerides
Although not necessary for measuring cholesterol, the test for triglycerides should always be done when you are fasting.
Therefore, for 12 to 14 hours before the blood sample is drawn, only water is permitted. In other words, nothing except water is permitted from bedtime until you get your blood work done next morning when a lab opens (it's good to have two cups of water (473 mL) one hour before the collection of blood).
In addition, consumption of alcohol and any vitamin supplements is not permitted for the 24 hours just before the fasting blood work.
If you are currently on antihistamines, antibiotics or cortisone treatment only, you need to call the lab or your doctor for more information on how to proceed.
Why is that?
Anything taken in, other than water during that time, morning coffee or juice, for example, can elevate the triglycerides levels as they change dramatically in response to meals, increasing as much as 5 to 10 times higher than fasting levels just a few hours after eating.
Therefore, when scheduling your triglyceride test you need take your weekend activities into account. Because after a weekend of beer and pizza, or desserts, cakes or ice-cream, your Monday blood work readings can be much higher than on the other days.
Unfortunately, your doctor, even the "highly regarded" one, may have you take a triglyceride blood test without informing you of all factors that might affect the results. You never know when he might be rushed or inexperienced, or simply overly comfortable with a procedure, then end up taking a shortcut at your expense, recommending a drug or an uncomfortable, invasive procedure based solely on a suspect or false test result.
The Take-Home Lesson:
Always ask your doctor for specifics regarding factors that can create false positive or false negative blood test results.
TGs Formula II: Description of Nutrients*
I. HDL-"good" Cholesterol to LDL-"Bad" Cholesterol Ratio Support
- Red Yeast Rice (Monascus porporeus) is an all-natural whole food made from dried fermented rice. Red Rice Yeast naturally helps maintain triglyceride levels within normal ranges and contains unsaturated fatty acids that support the maintenance of serum lipids within normal ranges.
- Chromium is a trace mineral used by the body to regulate HDL-"good" cholesterol- to-LDL-"bad" cholesterol ratios. The Chromium Polynicotinate form ensures maximum bioavailability. The average American diet is chromium deficient.
- Phytosterols are plant steroid alcohols that have been shown to support the maintenance of triglycerides within normal range by blocking the over-absorption of triglycerides. TGs Formula II contains a phytosterol complex from soy that yields 90% phytosterols including 180 mg of Beta-sitosterol.
II. Lipids Synthesis and Circulation
- Policosanol is a complex that has been studied for its ability to reduce triglycerides synthesis by the liver, protect against peroxidation of lipids, aid healthy blood flow and support the maintenance of beneficial HDL cholesterol and triglycerides within normal range.
- Artichoke (Cynara scolymnus) Leaf Extract is a phytonutrient that has been shown to support triglycerides within normal ranges. Cynarin, a compound contained in artichokes, supports the production of bile, which may help the body to excrete cholesterol. Artichoke Leaf Extract helps balance activity of the enzyme responsible for maintaining triglyceride levels within normal ranges.
III. Antioxidant and Blood Viscosity Support
- Guggul lipids contain compounds known as guggul sterones. As antioxidants, they protect against lipid peroxidation.
- Coenzyme Q10 is critical in the generation of cellular energy. Coenzyme Q10 is an antioxidant found in the highest concentrations in the heart, liver, kidneys, spleen and pancreas.
- TGs Formula® II is a great addition to any diet and exercise program that is designed to support the maintenance of HDL-"good" cholestereol and triglycerides within normal healthy ranges.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
TGs Formula II: No Conlict with Prescription Drugs
A concern raised by some clients might be the possibility of conflict between prescription drugs and TGs Formula II. The good news is that there is no conflict. In fact, they can be taken at the same time.
The even better news is that, if you take prescription drugs along with TGs Formula II, you need to be monitored regularly by your physician, as you may need to reduce the amount of the drugs you are taking.
United States & Worldwide
(Except Denmark, Germany, Mexico, Nigeria, Norway, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Sweden, Turkey, United Arab Emirates)
Online Security and Confidentiality
At Quality Self Care LLC, we assure the security of your personal information, both technologically and procedurally. To protect every interaction you have with us, we use industry-standard SSL (secure socket layer) technology.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING FEE
If our cost of shipping to your destination country is significantly different from the Shipping Fee at checkout we will contact you with a shipping quote for your approval.
If you would like to discuss your ordering options, please give us a call:
- 1. 705. 304. 6246 (US/Can) Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm EST (Holidays Excluded).
If there is nobody available to take your call, kindly
. We will get back to you next business day.
TGs Formula II: Our Clients Write to Us
I do not expect you to judge the efficacy of TGs Formula II only on anecdotal reports. First, it is very difficult to verify the accuracy of these accounts. Second, you cannot generalize one person's experience to others.
I do believe, however, that all information is valuable when placed in a proper perspective. Although not a substitute for "valid science," personal experiences should be taken into consideration, especially as a means of communicating how some people get well.
February 23rd, 2016
Your TGs Formula works! I had my triglycerides over 400 and now they are less than 150.
I stopped using this Formula for some time and my triglycerides were very high again.
My doctor told me I have to take TGs Formula for the rest of my life, because I am allergic to medications for reducing blood triglycerides. This is my only alternative.
Thank you very much!
Edna V. S.
*The testimonial above has been presented as a true story. However, it has not been reviewed by Full of Health and is the opinion of the listed individual.
I thought you would want to know about my latest blood test after taking TGs Formula II and UltraPure Mega EPA:
I. On 5-21-2014:
Cholesterol - 279
Triglycerides - 624
Chol/HDL ratio - 9.0 (it should be 4.5 or less).
II. On 6-24-2014:
Cholesterol - 191
Triglycerides - 236
Chol/HDL ratio - 5.5 (it should be 4.5 or less).
Needless to say, I am very happy! You certainly made my day. I took your previous TGs Formula a few years ago. It worked too, but I developed a phobia about swallowing those big pills...
Thank you Full of Health/Andrew!
Cindy Van L.
*The testimonial above has been presented as a true story. However, it has not been reviewed by Full of Health and is the opinion of the listed individual.
Who says that specialty nutritional supplements do not work? Those, who think that micronutrients are not necessary for our health and that optimum nutrition is not important.
Why do they think and act that way?
Because they don't want to learn and just keep ignoring the impressive results - not only heard about, but also seen and experienced by people who have taken specialty nutritional supplements.
Important Question: How Is Your Digestion?
Take a moment to think about your digestion and ask yourself: "Do I experience any of the symptoms of indigestion?"
If your answer is "Yes" or "Not sure," then consider taking TGs Formula II along with XTRAGEST - or other broad-spectrum quality digestive aid - to ensure that you will fully benefit from it.
Only by optimizing your digestion you can be certain that your gut breaks down the TGs Formula II and gets it into the bloodstream where it can do its work effectively.
For more information, please call: 1. 705. 304. 6246 (US/Can)
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm EST (Holidays Excluded)
If there is nobody available to take your call, please .
We will get back to you next business day.
©2004-2019 TGs Formula.com: Bring High Triglycerides Down Naturally. Maintain Blood Lipids Within Normal Range & Healthy Levels. A Non-Pharmacological Approach to Hypertriglyceridemia. All Rights Reserved. The information on lowering elevated blood triglycerides and TGs Formula II provided herein is not intended to replace the medical advice. Consult a physician for an advice about any specific condition that may be related to high triglycerides.